CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - CURRENT VACANCIES
NoteMaker - 2 month graphic design contract
Help us create the world’s best diary collection!
We have a special project underway, and we need a talented thinking designer to help us produce the world’s best ever diary collection. This is a truly exciting role and is unique.
- 2 years + experience in graphic design
- A thinking designer who loves problem-solving
- Work closely in a team to generate innovative concepts
- Meet tight deadlines
- Highly capable at carrying out research based on design brief and seeing it through to ideation
- Must love paper and organisation
- Create presentable imagery/mockups for peer review
Immediate start, approximate two month contract, Yarraville based.
Essential skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in Industrial, Product or Fashion Design
• Experience in working in a collaborative design driven team
• Able to interpret briefs and receive creative direction
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and 3D modelling programs
• Able to prototype to an appropriate level of detail for testing or for aesthetics
• Able to interpret briefs and produce detailed tech packs
• Solid design skills coupled with strong presentation skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
• Must have personal computer/laptop with appropriate programs
Please answer the following questions as part of your application, as we’re really interested to hear your response:
- Do you use a diary?
- If you do use a diary, which one is it?
- If you don’t use a diary, that’s fine, but why not?
- If you keep a to do list? How is it organised?
Please send a portfolio PDF, no larger than 10mb and a URL to your website.
Only successful candidates with the above criteria will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: HR@telegramco.com
Our sister company, Telegram Co., is hiring.
National Homewares Sales Manager – Telegram Co. (job listed 4.11.16)
– Attractive remuneration package
– Dynamic and design-led company
– Market leading brands
Some interstate travel required
Who we’re after…
We’re looking for an energetic, strategic, highly organised and autonomous person with passion who is looking to step-up and join our team as a National Homewares Manager. You’ll need excellent people skills, a positive attitude and the ability to effectively manage your own time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include
– Applying a strategic approach to all territories, prioritising the key growth customers and growth brands and ensuring our products are positioned well in “best-fit” retailers.
– Create and execute a sales and territory plan to support revenue growth.
– Meeting and exceeding agreed sales quotas and targets.
– Managing Merchandisers and Territory Managers to best support homewares growth.
– Managing corporate sales.
– Build long term, productive and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers.
– Ensuring that customers needs and requirements are met on a daily basis.
– Communicating with and assisting our customer service team at head office – providing them with up-to-date and accurate information about customer needs, history and opportunity – and helping them to resolve customer issues.
– Providing quality advice and information about products and service delivery.
– Providing professional assistance at two major trade fairs per year.
– Complete sales activity, performance reports and presentations in a timely manner.
– Meet timelines and accurately manage sales activities and functions. Build forecasts to support the territory.
The essential skills and attributes required for this position include:
– You need to be able to demonstrate a strong relationship selling background in retail and have a passion for good design preferably but not essentially in the homewares / gift arena.
– Highly self motivated.
– Fast strategic thinker and adept problem-solver.
– Demonstrated time management, attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
– Ability to work autonomously, while being a team player.
Commence as soon as possible.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, then we want to know why. Sell yourself and show us what you’re passionate about – we’ll be assessing your sales pitch as well as your resume!
This is a key position in a fast-growing business that values every individual’s contribution and supports you to achieve your full potential.
Based in Yarraville, our office offers a well-equipped kitchen (with an excellent coffee machine!) and regular staff lunches.
Apply online via the Seek listing.